World Travel & Tourism Council (GB)
"A new way of understading the hotel and tourism industry "
- 1- Mission is :
The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) is the forum for business leaders in the Travel & Tourism industry. With Chief Executives of some one hundred of the world's leading Travel & Tourism companies as its Members, WTTC has a unique mandate and overview on all matters related to Travel & Tourism.
WTTC advocates partnership between the public and private sectors, delivering results that match the needs of economies, local and regional authorities and local communities with those of business, based on:
The Council regularly sets Strategic Priorities with a view to identifying those issues which most impede the operation or development of the sector. Details of the issues on which the World Travel & Tourism Council is currently campaigning can be reached through the left-hand navigational menu.
- 2- Awards:
- Destination Stewardship Award - For destinations comprising a network of tourism enterprises and organizations that show dedication to, and success in, maintaining a programme of sustainable tourism management at the destination level.
- Conservation Award - Open to any tourism business, organization or attraction able to demonstrate a direct contribution to the conservation of nature.
- Community Benefit Award - For a tourism initiative that has effectively demonstrated tangible benefits for local communities, including capacity building, the transfer of industry skills, and support for community development.
- Global Tourism Business Award - Open to a large company operating in multiple destinations with at least 200 full time employees from any sector of Travel & Tourism, this award recognizes best practice in sustainable tourism at the large scale business level.
. Representing international companies with at least 500 employees, entrants' achievements marry corporate success with sustainable principles and practices. The winner is:
- Intrepid Travel, Australia, www.intrepidtravel.com
Intrepid Travel in Australia won the Global Tourism Business Award for having demonstrated best practices in sustainable tourism at a large company level. Intrepid Travel is a group experiential tour operator that takes approximately 100,000 travellers to 130 countries each year. In addition to fair trade sourcing of their supply chain and environmentally-friendly practices such as measuring, reducing and auditing their carbon emissions at 30 global offices, the non-profit Intrepid Foundation also actively supports health care, education, human rights, child welfare, and sustainable development in the areas Intrepid Travel visits.
Entrants have made a tangible contribution to the preservation of nature, including the protection of wildlife, expanding and restoring natural habitat, and supporting biodiversity conservation. The winner is:
- Singita Pamushana, Zimbabwe, www.singita.com